SBI SO 2021 Highlights
The below table represents all the highlights of the SBI SO exam.
|Name of the exam||SBI SO 2021|
|Mode of the exam||Computer-based (online) exam|
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||4 (3 for Deputy Manager Post)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (objective type)|
|Number of Questions||170|
|Duration of the exam||135 Minutes|
|Language of the exam||English|
SBI SO 2021 Exam Dates
The notification of the SBI SO exam is released on April 13, 2021, to the official website i.e. sbi.co.in. The registration process has also been started and it will be continued till May 3, 2021. The table below gives us a hint about the important dates:
|Name of Event||Date|
|SBI SO Application Form filling starts||April 13, 2021|
|Last Date to Fill Form||May 3, 2021|
|Downloading call letter(Tentative)||to be notified|
|Date of the examination(Tentative)||To be updated|
SBI SO Eligibility
Candidates should check SBI SO 2021 eligibility prior to filling the application form. It is recommended that only those contestants who fulfill SBI SO Eligibility Criteria should apply for the SBI SO exam. The aspirants should satisfy the criteria in age, nationality, and all other categories.
- The least possible age of an applicant is in between 21 to 30 years depending upon the Post.
- The maximum age of an applicant can be in between 62 years.
- Only Citizens of India are eligible to apply for SBI SO 2021.
- OCI and NRIs cannot apply for the exam.
The educational criteria and experience vary depending upon the post applied for. The criteria for different posts are given below:
- For Developer, Test Lead, and Tester post:
- The candidates should be graduated in engineering from a government recognized university/institute.
- An Applicant should have some experience in the IT sector.
- For Assistant Manager (System) post:
- Applicants must own a B.E/B. Tech in Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Application/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Instrumentation / Electronics & Communications.
- Applicant should have some experience in computer programming from a reputed organization.
- For Technology Relationship Manager (Tech.RMs) post:
- The Candidate should be a graduate in Engineering from any recognized University /Institution.
- Preference is given to the contenders with MBA qualification.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT Industry/ Business is needed for this post.
- For Manager and Assistant Manager (Technician) post:
- One needs to have a full-time PG Degree in Econometrics/ Statistics/ Applied Statistics.
- Minimum experience of 1-4 years is required for this job position.
SBI SO 2021 Exam Pattern
SBI SO is conducted every year for SO posts in SBI. It is conducted only in online mode. There are multiple-choice questions in the exam. Check out the SBI SO Exam Pattern for a better idea of the type of questions asked in the exam.
- A total of 170 problems make up the paper.
- Four sections constitute SBI SO exam paper.
- They are- Test of Reasoning, English language, Professional Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude.
- There are 50 questions each in Reasoning and Professional Knowledge.
- 35 Questions are asked each in English Language and Quantitative Aptitude.
- English is the language of SBI SO 2021 Paper.
Exam Pattern Highlights Mode of the exam Computer-based (online) exam Number of Papers 1 Number of Sections 4 (3 for Deputy Manager Post) Type of Questions Multiple Choice Questions (objective type) Number of Questions 170 Duration of the exam 135 Minutes
Paper pattern for Deputy Manager Post:
- There are three sections in the paper- Test of Reasoning, English language, and Professional Knowledge.
- 70 questions are asked from Reasoning and 50 questions are asked from English and Professional Knowledge each.
- Maximum marks are the same that is 220.
Post Number of Sections Number of questions Time Deputy Manager 3 170 135 minutes Others 4 170 135 minutes
SBI SO 2021 Syllabus
Aspirants are asked questions in this section that are of secondary level. Applicants are expected to have basic knowledge of the English Language so that they can finish all office tasks with ease and efficiency. Weightage of English 20%. The important topics covered under this are- Synonyms and Antonyms, spotting errors, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Misspelled words, Grammar, one-word substitution, Para-jumbles, Preposition, Active-Passive, Direct-Indirect Narration, Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Usage of words etc.
Recruiters want to evaluate a candidate’s thinking skill with this section of ‘Reasoning and Mental ability’. Contestants should be able to use their heads in a specific state besides applying established methods. 30% weightage is given to this part of the paper. Topics included in this section are- Series, Sitting/Seating Arrangements, Mirror Images, Syllogism, Puzzle problems, Statements and Conclusions and questions on cause and effect can also be asked in this segment of SBI SO Exam.
It is expected from the candidates to be skilled in general mathematics so they can perform everyday banking calculations with speed and accurateness. 20% weightage is given to this section. Topics included in this section are- Number-System, Simple Interest, and Compound Interest, Partnership, Time and Distance, Geometry, Unitary Method, Time and Work, Age Problems, Profit and Loss Questions, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Ratio And Proportion, Permutation And Combination, Probability, Allegation, LCM, HCF etc.
Questions in this section contain the topics which are actually of great importance for daily banking needs and all the applicants need to prepare separately for this topic. Weightage is around 30%. Topics of professional knowledge are such as, Basics of Accountancy, Direct and Indirect Taxes, Principles and Standards Accounting, Computer Architecture, Basics of Auditing, Accounts Management, Cost-Accounting, Basic Terminology of Information Technology, Knowledge of Operating systems, Network and its types, DBMS/ RDBMS, Mobile Technologies and, Computer Languages, Cyber Security and Threats, Input and Output Devices, Fundamentals of Microprocessor.
SBI SO 2021 Selection Process
Candidates after taking the online test are called for an interview. Candidates are selected for the posts after SBI SO Interview. A satisfactory number of candidates, as decided by the State Bank of India, is shortlisted based on their qualifications and knowledge. The qualifying marks for the Personal Interview are decided by SBI only.
After the process, selected candidates have to produce some documents at the time of document verification.
The documents one needs to submit for the verification purpose along with SBI SO 2021 Application Form are:
- Copy of one id proof
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Educational Certificates like Mark-Sheets or Degree Certificate
- Experience certificates
- A brief resume of the candidate
- E-Receipt for SBI SO 2021 fee payment
- Copy of a valid OBC/SC/ST certificate (if applicable)